Use the comment section in this post to research and develop an action plan, so we can create change in our Global Community and how we can relate this to the MDG's (Millennium Developmental Goals)
Charlotte, Henry, Xaviera, Evan, Issac, Isabeau, Adam, Daniella
Charlotte, Henry, Xaviera, Evan, Issac, Isabeau, Adam, Daniella
The global action for education is related to the second Millennium developmental goal because by 2015, The United nations wants boys and girls alike will finish primary school and to achieve universal eduacation.
ReplyDeleteEvan
I think that we should hold a contest so that every class gets 3 pennie bags, and the first class to fill them all will get a pizza lunch.
ReplyDeleteEvan
I think this is a great idea but if we announce the winner before the end of the drive then people would give up. something to add on is maybe the school could get a pizza lunch if we collected over 100 bags of pennies but if we collect under the the class that brought in 3 first will get the pizza lunch
Deleteemmett
I agree, we should keep the winner hidden until a specific date, so that nobody knows who won, and there would be no slow down in penny collections.
DeleteEvan
I think that would an effective way to get the school pumped up in support of clean water, because that way they all work hard, but also learn about the issue.
Delete-Isabeau
The global action for gender equality is related to the second Millennium Developing Goal because by 2015,they hope to eliminat gender disparity for all education levels.
ReplyDelete-hannah-
I agree with you Even, I think that if we have a pizza lunch it will make students want to bring in pennies and our initiative will be allot more effective.
ReplyDeleteHenry
Education is related to the millennium developmental goals because goal #2 describes how we need to help ensure that boys and girls everywhere will be able to complete a course of primary schooling.
ReplyDeleteHenry
I agree with you Henry and Evan that will be afective because alot of the kids in school like pizza. I think we could get alot of pennies.
ReplyDelete-hannah-
I just find this video from Me to We:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up5FfSpTWeo&feature=g-all-u
I saw my mom wearing this chain and I think I saw some students in our class too. Maybe each of us could get one?
I found a good link that has info on water issues in Hati http://haitiwater.org/why/why-clean-water
ReplyDeleteHenry
These are the MDG's that relate to our global issues
ReplyDelete-Goal 2- Achieve universal primary education
-Goal 3- Promote gender equality and empower women
In Haiti if kids are provided clean water we can save 60 000 lives.
ReplyDeleteHenry
I got this information from: http://water.org/water-crisis/water-facts/water/
ReplyDelete-3.4M people die each year from water related diseases -> that is almost half of the population of the city of L.A.
-780 million people lack access to clean water
-American 5 minute showers uses more water than an average person in a developing country uses in an entire day
Fact from Free the Children:
-Contaminated water is the leading cause of death in children
Xaviera
Here are some facts about water issues haiti:
ReplyDelete-Haiti is currently devastated by a lack of clean water and the systems that provide it.
-Most water sources in haiti are contaminated with human waste
-Cholera is a serious bacterial disease that can cause severe diarrhea and dehydration, and in haiti, There have been over 5,000 reported deaths from cholera since the earthquake, which is picked up when contaminated and dirty water is drank.
Evan F.
I found this information at http://haitiwater.org/why/why-clean-water
DeleteEvan F.
I got this information from: http://www.dosomething.org/tipsandtools/11-facts-about-education-around-world
ReplyDelete-1 in 5 adults in a developing country (about 862 million) cannot read or write
-about 115 million primary school aged children aren't in school
-more than 226 million people don't go to school because:
->they have to work to support their families
->become/forced to be child soldiers
->threatened because of race or gender
Xaviera
This website talks on reasons why girls dont have the opportunity to go to school:http://becauseiamagirl.ca/page.aspx?pid=5000
ReplyDeleteXaviera
I found this great video on YouTube. Here’s the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX4Cfu3Dd2E turn on your speaker. It start's talking about how water sanitation affects girls going to school in the 45 second mark. But it also talks about how if kids die from heath they can't go to school.
ReplyDeleteAdam
I found a good website that talks about safe drinking water, sanitation and good hygiene are taken for granted in the western world.
ReplyDeletethe websites name is www.washcanada.ca
Isaac
Dirty water can make people sick and have to skip work or school. It is important that we help provide clean water, otherwise people will get sick and un healthy.
ReplyDeleteHenry
Clean water is a major issue over 884 million people lack access to clean water.
ReplyDeleteHenry
Also, i think that we should have daily announcments about the issue/contest, and tell the community who has the most pennys collected to get the other classes pumped maybe.
ReplyDeleteEvan F.
1. Every 20 seconds, a child dies from a water-related illness.
ReplyDelete2. 3.4 million people die each year from water-related illnesses (99% of these deaths occur in developing countries).
3.780 million people lack access to clean water.
4.In total, women spend 200 million hours a day collecting water (this is for ALL women).
THIS IS FROM WATER.ORG
-Isabeau
In Haiti since October 2010 there have been 388 950 cases of cholera which is a infectious disease that you get from bacteria in dirty water.
ReplyDeleteHenry
According to WATER.ORG more than 3.4million people die from water, sanitization and hygiene related causes.
ReplyDeleteHenry
HERO'S NAME:
ReplyDeleteaquatation man
aquatation woman
DeleteCoin Collection Challenge
ReplyDelete2 weeks
Prize:
1st place Pizza Party
2nd place $50 gift card Indigo
3rd place $25 gift card Indigo
What the kids will learn:
ReplyDeleteWhy we need to help kids with there education and water sanatization
script Ideas
ReplyDeletekid without clean water
Hero named Aquatation women
bad guy named Thirst man
Henry
I think that is a good idea, the bad guy being named thirst man. I think we have a really good start, but at lunch, we need to develop more of the plot. Also, we really need to promote this event because for the food drive we didn't have a lot of awareness so we didn't succeed as much as we hoped we would.
Delete-Isabeau
Isabeau, Henry, and I collected facts to incorporate in the script, Charlotte, Evan, Adam, and Isaac are working on the Global Action skit script.
ReplyDeleteXaviera